Today we started the class by doing a song fill in the blanks activity. It was tough to do because many of the students who are overseas cannot see or hear the YouTube videos so we have to share our screens to play, which reduces the sound quality. I think the activity itself was good, just tough with the tech issues.

As our main activity today we played verb tense Jeopardy! It was fun to see the students work together in their groups and have some interaction and discussion. They seemed to really enjoy the format of the game, but the questions definitely needed to be more challenging. In the future, I think we will also play real Jeopardy rules where you lose money if you get questions wrong. The technology worked very smoothly for this game though which was nice!

Our timing has gotten better over the past few lessons and we are finishing activities on time. Sydney and I still work really well together, and we have the confidence in our lesson planning to not need to meet over the weekends to rehearse or discuss things. It is super nice to have someone to help generate ideas and share the workload with. I have been feeling a lot more connected to the students, especially since we have been closing the classes with personal questions.