This class we wanted to attempt doing a Kahoot with the students. It went fairly well, a couple of students had problems connecting to the website, so Sydney just took their answers from the public chat. Next, we tried the same activity as last time but with the future tense verbs. It went super well! There were some good sentences coming out of each group, but I think we need to be clearer on how we get them to share their answers with the class.

Next, we used an activity from the textbook which asked students to discuss some future scenarios and decide whether or not they think it will happen in the future. It was really interesting to go into the breakout rooms and hear their discussion. There were some differences in responses from people of different genders and cultures and it was interesting to note those perspectives.

When the breakout rooms were over and we came back together as a group, we asked people to place their name over whether they think the situation will happen using the interactive whiteboard. I like this feature for easy engagement with the students and it is easy for me to see who is not paying attention or participating.

To finish class and dismiss the students we asked them to share where they would like to travel to next and why. This was a nice way for us to get to know the students a bit better while still practicing their future tense work. I like being able to build those connections with the students, especially since we only see them once a week for a short period.